Thursday, November 4, 2010

The Edge of Grace

I have been prompted many times to develop a blog which would consolidate the variegated threads which comprise my writing life--poems, poetic drama, creative nonfiction, reporting, investigative journalism, features, editorials, reviews, interviews, proposals, curriculum among them.  I beleive that the colleagues, family and friends urging me on are motivated by their desire to see me broaden my scope and source of feedback beyond their informed opinions.

A confluence of forces has come together to spark the creation of  Grace's Edge.  My astonishment  over my saturated social networking commentary is not the least of these; my quota of available leisure time in an overscheduled life a beneficent touch.  I'm driven by a reactivated passion for thinking ourselves clear of  the morass of feeling and bias stimulated by the predicted yet shocking results of the U.S. Senate and Congressional elections. Yes, they were predicted, but not necessarily predictably in the nation of great orators and intellects, forgers of the Constitution, Bill of Rights, civil rights. The shocking is not hyperbolic; what's overstated is the ranting, the racism, the reduction to lowest common denominator--whether that is "taxed enough already", the vitriolic signifying fools, the faux "news"--which won at all.  Even a modicum of assent in that direction is beneath the noble ideals and practical values our country purportedly espouses. The grace which has carried us through challenges and crosses, the faith and hope which rise anew with each moral choice, is there in abundance.
Yet we live on the edge of that blessing, the hem of grace.  This blog beginning is my exploration of our social foothold by examination of our cultural footprint.

And so the adventure begins....

No comments:

Post a Comment